I’ve used a few version control systems: visual source safe, subversion, git, mercurial and tfs. My current favourite – git. It it’s the most popular one at the moment, but to be honest there’s a good reason for that. It has a gigantic learning curve, but once you grok the concept, everything falls into place. My second choice – subversion. I’ve used it for a long time and it got the job done. The one I am using at the moment – tfs and here’s where the story starts.
Recently we have decided to replace the logging framework we used, because of its not necessary complexity and a bunch of features we did not use and even did not know anything about. The goal was to use the built in System.Diagnostic.Trace facility and cover some of basic requirements we had.
CSS has been around for a while and will stay for a while longer and although I think it’s a good and working ‘language’ it has a few pitfalls – the biggest one being the lack of ability to reuse certain parts. Take colors for example, when you want to style a site you need to repeat the color declaration everywhere you want to set it, so when you change your mind, the only way to implement the changes is search and replace. Now that’s not that bad when you have a small site and one css file, but when the number of files grows, that problem grows along. So what can we do?
Today I will show you a simple way to have a pie chart in your WPF application with use of ItemsControl. The pieces of the pie will be binded to the undergoing item model collection. Let’s take a look at it.
We’ve been using semantic versioning for a while now and it’s been paying out. Though there were some ‘quirks’. Now, version 2.0 is (almost) out and guess what, it addresses them! Let’s take a look at the new version and see what changed.
Recently I faced the problem with deploying an WPF application, which uses Entity Framework and Sql Server Compact 4.0 nuget packages. The application was deployed automatically by TFS Server as a Click Once installer. The problem was that the setup did not download Sql Server package at client machine and application could not work. Apart from checking what is maybe wrong on TFS side configuration, the simplest solution was to do a so called Private Deploy of the Sql CE libraries. Unfortunately it turned out to not be easy too.